Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cruise II: Isla Roatan


Cold and dreary weather in Kansas today makes excellent timing for a tropical blog post... Wish we were still on the beaches of Isla Roatan, which was stop number two on our recent cruise. This small island off the coast of Hondouras was definitely our FAVORITE of the three destinations. While there, we talked to several vacationers and even priced resorts for a future trip. I had never even heard of Roatan prior to booking the cruise - what a pleasant surprise! The beach was gorgeous, island was clean and felt very safe in comparison to Belize or Cozumel.. We hope to return someday soon.  :)



We spent our St. Patrick's Day lounging on the beach, snorkeling and drinking St. Patty's Punch. The kids played in the sand and water... Cole even found a starfish. Overall, the day was just fantastic, left us feeling very "zen." Here are some photos:


11 comments:

  1. How FUN! I'm so glad you made it home safely and had such a good time on vacation. I bet you got a killer tan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came of a cruise in which Isla Roatan was a stop. This island and the Cayman Islands are my favorites stops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to the Caymans also, and I definitely agree - both are excellent vacation spots!

      Delete
  3. I was a little scared because I figured it may be a dirty place to stop at but reading what you wrote I am very excited. Thanks!! We are to Cruise there in May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Honduras. Isla Roatan looks like a lovely place to live but it is near Central and South America and makes me wonder if you could get bitten by the "kissing bug" there. Did they warn you about that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't hear anything about the "kissing bug." Our trip was a cruise - so we didn't stay overnight on the island...

      Delete
  5. Whas this a 4-H Cruise? I am a 4-H leader in southwest Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy... not sure where you got that idea! This was just a cruise I took for fun with my husband and some friends. Not a 4-H event.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)